Abruzzo on the horizon … unforgettable.
The sea banks announced by the swaying and superb palm trees, the golden sand of the beaches, the fresh nearby fresh pine forests, the sudden cliffs, the romantic promontories, the thousand paths in the mountains, the oases, the protected parks with bears, chamois, eagles and, the magnificent culinary art …
Abruzzo is a wonderful treasure trove that lovingly and forever protects the treasures which nature has given to this land, to its proud and welcoming inhabitants: sailors and shepherds, expert farmers, who have made an art in their labours to produce some of the most appreciated quality wines.
The true, living, deep soul is in the waters of its rivers and streams, between the valleys that embrace the sea and the mountains, between the Maiella and the Gran Sasso, among the hills studded with ancient olive trees.
Abruzzo … land to visit, to love, above all to embrace with the soul.
Maritime city of the middle Adriatico, lively and commercial with its nightlife in the streets of the old Pescara near the birthplace of the Vate, with its attractions:
- the Vittoria Colonna Museum of Modern Art
- the bridge of the Sea
- Salotto Square
- the Bagni borbonici
- the Basilio Cascella Civic Museum
- the Genti d’Abruzzo Museum
- the Muzii market
- the Pineta Dannunziana.
Pescara city of the Vate
Gabriele D’Annunzio poet, writer, novelist of the twentieth century, protagonist of heroic military enterprises, he hailed, described and revered his hometown reminding with pride and affection the dear places of his Abruzzo.
The house in the old Pescara, the convent, the places lived with the friend Michetti, the museums … a city that still joins the name of its vate and singer.
Villages and Landscapes
- Rocca Calascio: set of the film The Name of the Rose, located under Corno Grande of the Gran Sasso
- Basilica di Santa Maria di Collemaggio all’Aquila: built in 1200
- Grotte di Stiffe, in the province of L’Aquila
- Scanno Lake in the shape of a heart in the upper Sagittario valley
- Nearby the delightful villages and tourist centers: Pescocostanzo, Villetta Barrea, Cocullo with his May festival of snakes
- Piccolomini Castle in Celano, in the heart of the Marsica
- Alba Fucens, archaeological site dating back to the flourishing Roman era
- Nearby, the village of Rosciolo with the Santa Maria in valle Porclaneta Church
- The costa dei trabocchi, suspended between the waves of the Adriatic, turned into delicious restaurants that reign in the summers of the Abruzzo coast together with the scents of seafood
- The Fortress of Civitella del Tronto
- The calanchi di Atri, extraordinary geological formations.